BeetBits: Team Bulldog: Off-Duty Investigation

I seriously need to write a list of unpopular Kdramas for 2020. I keep discovering new gems that I should have watched last year. 

Team Bulldog Off-Duty Investigation


Team Bulldog Korean Drama

Team Bulldog: Off-Duty Investigation
This is a 12-episode short series starring Cha Tae Hyun and Lee Sun Bin as the main characters alongside multiple first-rate supporting actors. I especially loved Jung Sang-hoon in here. I always saw him in comedic roles and he was fun to watch but I wanted to see him in a serious role once. 

Team Bulldog Off-Duty Investigation Review

Team Bulldog is a mystery drama with quirky characters, fun investigations, disgusting murderers, and interesting reporters. You get the whole package in just 12 episodes in this drama. A group of misfits try to solve mysteries that the police themselves cannot solve. With one member a real detective, they are not a totally illegitimate group; therefore, they have access to crime scenes and police resources when needed. The group itself includes a former forensic pathologist, a former profiler/detective, a former gangster and a reporter, such a great variety!!!

Anyway, the cases that the team handles are mostly murder and violent cases. Although there are no rape cases or anything similar, the cases themselves are very violent. Seeing the previous description of the story, you might think it is a light mystery story; however, don't forget this is still an OCN drama. I made a mistake when I read the synopsis, then with the first murder case, I saw how realistic they filmed the murder and realised what I started. ^_^

Anyway, this serious mainly discusses the following cases *Spoilers Ahead*:

1. The Case With The Twin 
2. The Case With The Runaway Serial Murderer 
3. The Case With The Gang History 
4. The Case With The Homeless Kids
5. The Case With The 10 Years Old Murder
6. The Case With the Closed Rooms
7. The Manhole Case

The previous names are not the original names of the episodes, I simply wanted to give new names to each case. Regardless, except the twin case, most cases relate to each other in a way that is very surprising, The serial murderer case was fabricated to give a political figure power and help gang members rise in society. The homeless kids started with the manhole case. Finally, the 10 years old murder was witnessed by the closed rooms murderer. The writer sure knew how to make a smooth transition from one case to another. 

Memorable Scenes

This drama had too many memorable scenes that I can't count; however, if I have to choose two scenes stand out to me. 
  • The first scene is the one where the forensics doctor frantically searches for his daughter. I didn't know Jung Sang-hoon could act so well as the father of a teenager. It is such a perfect scene!!!
  • The second scene is the scene where the old couple's true colour is finally seen. The elder couple where such good actors that I was mesmerized. 
Finally, it is time to move to the overall rating. It is 9/10 for me for this drama. I would love to get the chance to see a second season for this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BeetBits: Move To Heaven

BeetBits: Hot Stove League